Obtain An Employment Based Green Card2019-01-25T01:03:05+00:00

Employment Based Green Cards

The Process for Employment-Based Green Cards

Obtaining your employment-based green card can be a lengthy and complex process, but we are here to help. The attorneys at Culbertson & Associates are well versed on the necessary documentation and requirements for each employment-based category and will guide you through the process.

For EB-2 and EB-3 employment-based categories, the sponsoring employer will be required to file a labor certification with the Depart of Labor, Form ETA-9089. These certifications are filed through an electronic system called PERM (Program for Electronic Review Management).

During this PERM Labor Certification step, the sponsoring employer must prove that there are no qualified U.S. citizens who are available or willing to perform the same job. This to ensure that jobs are not being taken away from qualified U.S. citizens.

The PERM labor certification step is not required for EB-1 Priority Workers.

I-140 Filed with USCIS

Once the labor certification and Form I-140 are approved, the applicant has two options for processing

1 ) Adjustment of Status

If the applicant is already in the U.S., he or she can adjust his or her current status while in the U.S. to becoming a lawful permanent resident.

2 ) Immigrant Visa (Consular) Processing

If the applicant is outside of the U.S., he or she can go through consular processing where an immigrant visa interview takes place at an Embassy or Consulate outside the U.S.

This is NOT a DIY (DO-IT-YOURSELF) Project!

The process for obtaining an employment-based green card is not a do-it-yourself project. We work with foreign nationals and companies in all industries and are very experienced in preparing the necessary documents for the green card process.

K.E. Culbertson has handled immigration cases at both the preparation and the trial level in the U.S. Immigration Court system. He has litigated trials and formal hearings in Charlotte, N.C., and in Washington, D.C. Mr. Culbertson is here to assist you.

Learn More About How to Obtain U.S. Citizenship
Learn More About Immigration Law

“I was in trouble with no hope. Went to the office of Culbertson & Associates, hired Kris and put my worries in his hands. He was capable and determined, thus getting my case reduced to minor charges.
Many thanks to him and his team.”
Barbara Donato | posted Google 11/16/16
“HELPED MY Family — We hired K. E. Culbertson to help with our child custody case…a very scary and stressful situation for me to say the least! Mr. Culbertson was so understanding and assured me that we could get the results we wanted, which proved to be true. I am thankful to him for helping our family.”
Lisa | posted Avvo 12/13/16
“I hired K.E. Culbertson at the recommendation of a colleague for help with some corporate law matters. Serious Law took charge of my issues and handled my case with experience and knowledge. This firm is now my only go-to for corporate law.”
Larry C. | posted Yellow Pages 12/6/16


Ask An Attorney



When you are looking for a lawyer or attorney ‘near me’,

Culbertson & Associates is your answer

with offices in Greensboro and Salisbury NC.

Our service area includes Winston Salem, High Point, Burlington, Thomasville, Asheboro, Lexington, Kannapolis & Mooresville

North Carolina.